What is new in Alpha 2
Here’s a catch-up on the latest improvements:
- We re-added the basic activation and revived the commands.
- We now use Vaadin 7 (Concept) which was released a few days ago.
- Our client side code benefits significantly from the improved communication layer.
- CK Editor 4 (Concept)
- While moving to Vaadin 7 we adapted our wrapper for the CK Editor which now uses the latest CK Editor.
- We added basic video support (Concept) (Phase 1 in the Concept paper.)
- Many decisions were made about the API and the terminology was clarified, now we look forward to following through with the implementation.
- We also reviewed all the essential new APIs.
- We had two weeks in which we just tackled some of the technical debt.
- The project structure moved towards our final planned structure.
- DMS is not bundled anymore, it is now completely replaced by the new DAM.
- Admin Interface: is removed, the commands were moved to other modules (core, activation…)
What is planned for Alpha 3
Here is what you can expect to see in the Alpha 3, to be released on the 6th of March:
- The main goal for Alpha 3 is releasing a final API so that you can start to build!
- The complete activation and review workflow should work again.
- A lot of effort goes into exploring the possibility of opening the workflow system up for general usage.
- Implementing the image editor. (Concept)
- Metadata support will be added. (Concept)
- Assets will always maintain the original uploaded binary, and assets will maintain a reference to their “parent” if copied. (Concept – Workspace structure for assets with originals)
PS: Some of us will present Alpha 3 at the Magnolia Amplify Conference in Miami. CU there!